Being shy isn’t unusual but it can make it difficult to approach the girl you have a crush on. Instead of allowing your fear of rejection to prevent you from approaching your crush, you can work to overcome your insecurities and make yourself a confident conversationalist. Approach your concerns about not knowing what to say to your crush like you might approach any problem and you can find your fears are easy to overcome.
Try these 5 different approaches to strike up a conversation:
- Direct: Just walk up and introduce yourself by saying something like, “Hi, I’m Adam.” It’s simple and straight to the point, and you can just be yourself.
- Question: Ask something like, “Hey, do you know if there’s a Starbucks around here?” Then, you can build your conversation off of their answer.
- Opinion: If you’re in a mall or a shop, you might say something like, “Excuse me, what’s your favorite ice cream?” Then, pick the opposite of whatever they suggest. That will create tension, and you can use that to build a conversation.
- Funny: Humor is a great way to strike up a conversation. If you’re a guy and you see a girl you want to talk to, for instance, you might say, “Oh thank goodness I didn’t wear that same skirt today!”
- Compliment: Try to compliment the person on something more than just their looks—it’s better to choose something like their personality or what they’re wearing. For instance, you might say, “I can tell you’re really fun to be around.”
From Imad Jbara